Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

I have baxi 105e combi. The fan doesn't kick in..fan ok.. No

Customer Question

Hi, I have baxi 105e combi. The fan doesn't kick in..fan ok.. No power to it. Is it probably Cct board fault?
Can I connect fan to seperate switch?
Category: UK Plumbing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just signed up to a service agreement for £13 PCM to include boiler breakdown and annual service but I guess they won't touch it as it ain't working. What's the best way forward. I can still cancel the agreement as I only arranged it yesterday .
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.

No not really because the fan creates pressure that switches the gas valve on and to ovveride the safety of the boiler is a bit risky with your health and insurance

The service engineers will refuse to work on it if its been tampered with and left in a dangerous condition.

Why not let the service guys look at it and see what they are going to charge, you dont have to accept the quote you can find someone independent to give you a quote.