Rick Ridley
Rick Ridley, UK Heating Engineer
Experience:  30 Years on the tools, now retired, Ex CORGI
15546140

I'm ***** *****
, Our less than two year old Worcester

Customer Question

Hi I'm ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Our less than two year old Worcester Greenstar boiler has been turning its self off at random. I suspect the room thermostat. Is there away to test it or bypass it ? Its an old Honeywell
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Plumbers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  NA replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.

Yes, you can bypass thermostat by taking the front part of the thermostat off the wall exposing the back part (and the wiring). With boiler power off, take the red wire on R and the white wire on W and twist the metal ends together. This will, in effect, by pass the thermostat for testing purposes.

Expert:  NA replied 10 months ago.

Keep me posted on what you find, please.

Expert:  NA replied 10 months ago.

Did you still need assistance with this? Otherwise, I will close out the question.