Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

I have a greenstar heatslave external 12 18 oil fired and it

Customer Question

Customer: I have a greenstar heatslave external 12 18 oil fired and it has blown the fuse. On replacing it, it starts for a couple of seconds and blows again.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: That's about it at present. The fuse blows from too much current demand I guess. Would this be the water pump?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Plumbers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 10 months ago.

You need to test the water pump for sure take the live wire out of the pump tape it up and try to fire the boiler again. its usually the pump or the diverter valve.