Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Experience:  Domestic Gas, Commercial Gas, LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Part P Electrical, Commercial Catering
46681511

Anyone there?
, Yes. I have a boiler - Worcester

Customer Question

Customer: Hi - anyone there?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes. I have a boiler - Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 and it is displaying error code d5 Not sure what to do
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Plumbing Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes - how long roughly?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Plumbing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Presses "Live Phone Call" by mistake... Please do not call but respond in writing here
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.

Oh dear, this usually means your condense pump has failed.

Can you check the 3/4" plastic pipe is not frozen and is clean to prevent blockage.

If it is clear then you will have to replace the pump.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The boiler worked fine yesterday and most of today - this probably means the pipe cannot be frozen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also - I pressed ECO button and it is now red... Is there a way to switch it off?

Ok. Are you still getting drips from it?

Are you able to blow backwards into the boiler?

It could also be blocked at the bottom of the boiler

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am so sorry but I do not even know what pipe `I should be looking at? I sent you a photo of the inside of the boiler. (it is a big floor standing boiler) Is this pipe on the photo?
What bit might be blocked on this photo?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there?