Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

My name is ***** ***** Wylie, I have a flexicom 24cx

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is ***** ***** Wylie, I have a flexicom 24cx glowworm boiler that doesn't start up, it gives a F9 error, even after resetting. I am trying to find out if there is anything I can try to get it working, or if I have to get someone in to fix it.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The pressure says 1.9, both the radiator and the hot water indicators are on. when it tries to start I hear a couple of noises before it attempts to start. It tries I think four times, before giving up
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Plumbing Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Oh I don't want to pay anything at the moment. Just trying to get information
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.

Hi F9 is normally a flow pressure fault so it could be a blockage or faulty pump.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Before I got an answer, I tried increasing the water pressure, after doing that the the boiler started working again. It's been fine ever since.
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.

Thats great well done hopefully your problem has been resolved, I am a bit concerned that the boiler didnt lock out on a low pressure fault first but its working so no harm done.

You can contact the moderators if you wish to ask anything about your account with Just Answer

Best regards

Brian