Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Experience:  Domestic Gas, Commercial Gas, LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Part P Electrical, Commercial Catering
46681511

Worcester greenstR 15ri - 2amp fuse blew. Replaced with

Customer Question

Worcester greenstR 15ri - 2amp fuse blew. Replaced with spare. Now turns on too full blue light for about 15secs then switches to flashing blue light. Note. I have been away for two weeks with gas switched off.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.

Can you hear the fan start when you try and fire it up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It makes a very quiet whirring noise but don't think it's the fan. Assuming the picture attached is the fan in question I can confirm that there is no noise from here and the fan blades that can be seen are not moving.

That's the fan, it should start up within about 3 seconds of the boiler starting.

Try this, page 48 onwards but you will need a meter;

http://www.acwilgar.co.uk/Boiler-Manual-PDF/Worcester%20Bosch/GStar%2012%2015%2018%2024%20RI%20Install.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looking at page 48 it seems to be a 'fast flash' - colorise lockout. But doesn't have any instruction on what to try.Is it expected that a blown fuse is related to a fan issue??Also, unclear what you mean by a meter?.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry volatile lockout not colorise lockout.

A multimeter to test for voltage

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, assuming I can get one somewhere , what needs doing?

You need you need to test for voltage at the fan to see whether the fan is at fault or the PCB is not supplying the voltage.