Rick Ridley
Rick Ridley, UK Heating Engineer
Experience:  30 Years on the tools, now retired, Ex CORGI
15546140

Two upstairs rads need bleeding, but no air or water shoots

Customer Question

Customer: Hello. Two upstairs rads need bleeding, but no air or water shoots out when I try. Pressure seems low. Boiler gauge reads 0.15 bar. I assume I need to let more water in the system. But I can't find how to. Boiler is biasi m9624sm/c2. Supply pipe seems to be fully open.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: That's about as detailed as I can be! I'm no expert.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Plumbing Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: $18 so about £12.5?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 11 months ago.

Do you have a silver flexible pipe under the boiler?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No, but thanks for your response. I've managed to locate another inlet tap, beneath the boiler, behind the washing machine. I used that to top of the water and hence the pressure. Problem solved, cheers.