Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

I have and issue with flow of hot water to the bath mixer

Customer Question

hello Patrick, I have and issue with flow of hot water to the bath mixer tap. I turn on the tap and nothing then wait for a little while then it comes through.
Its is on a open vented system. The tank is approximately 9ft away, run is 22mm to the under side of bath reduced to 15mm, check valve, pump, isolation valve then to tap.
to me it seems that from the check valve back the water subsides back down the pipe.
Can you advise or help solve the issue
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 11 months ago.

Hi Im Brian hopefully I can give you an answer.

The tank gives a positive pressure due to the height so it cant subside back, in theory. What could be happening is that the check valve is sticking, or another common problem if your tap is a washer type the tap washer gets stuck on the tap bed and releases late.