Rick Ridley
Rick Ridley, UK Heating Engineer
Experience:  30 Years on the tools, now retired, Ex CORGI
15546140

My vaillant eco tech pro 28 is not communicating with the

Customer Question

Customer: hi my vaillant eco tech pro 28 is not communicating with the salus rt600 wireless thermostat. I'm trying to find out what the problem is, is there a setting in the boiler that needs to be changed?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The salus thermostat isn't controlling the boiler after I have programmed it, The radiators are hot all the time.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Plumbing Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Plumbing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry the wireless thermostat is a salus st620.
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.

Has it ever worked?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought the house last year from my parents and the new system was installed the year before that.
Parents had the heating on 24/7 so I don't know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Forgot to mention, Both of them passed away last year so I can't ask them.

Would you like a link to the instructions?

Can you upload a picture to confirm which model?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The wireless thermostat is the Salus ST620RF I already have the instructions and have done exactly as instructed, even paired the sender and receiver, I believe how this system shuts on and off is by the temperature that is set, room temperature at 21° at the set time to come on and 10° at the set time for off which would also be the night time setting during sleep,
I set the receiver to auto on top switch and on, on the other.The darker picture of the receiver is to let you see the colours it was flashing.