Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Experience:  Domestic Gas, Commercial Gas, LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Part P Electrical, Commercial Catering
46681511

I've got a betacom30c - the pressure keeps rising

Customer Question

Hi I've got a betacom30c - the pressure keeps rising
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.

Are you sure the filling taps are off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HiAndrew, thanks for replying. Sorry for the slow response but I didn't get any notification you'd replied!
No I'm not sure the filling taps are off, where are the filling taps?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello is anyone there?

Try looking under the boiler.

Is there a silver flexible pipe attached to the copper pipes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is.

Ok, there will be a valve at least one of the sides, turn the lever or use a screwdriver to open it slowly and the pressure should rise.

Leave it open slowly until it reaches 1.5 bar and turn off again.

If that does not work then leave it open fully and try the same at the other end also

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
H iAndrew. Can we return to my original question. The boiler isn't losing pressure it's gaining pressure. And now I understand what the the filling tap is I can confirm it isn't on.

Sorry, what I meant was - the two valves you use to do that, make sure they are fully turned off.

The next thing would be turn off the cold water to the boiler entirely (so you get no water out of the hot tap) and see if it still rises

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HiAndrew, thanks and sorry for the delay but I'm still not getting any notification when you reply. Where will I find the cold water inlet tap?

Usually a blue lever valve under the boiler. It will be the only 15mm pipe with a valve on it.