Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

, Just drained done system to clean out sludge,

Customer Question

Customer: HI BRIAN
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Just drained done system to clean out sludge, re-filled let the air out but while the pump is going nicely the boiler is not coming on ? Steve
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Plumbing Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: is that £18 or dollers ? are you in uk
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Plumbing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi brian(###) ###-####telephone number does not exist is this a scame
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.

Hi

What boiler is it please.

If the boiler is pressurised what pressure have you set it at, it needs to be about 1bar to make sure it will work

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
boiler Is Glowworm 55 it is not pressurized, I think it may have air trapped inside after the water refill, I pressed the button inside and it fired up for about 10 Mins but it was making a lot of noise. With the boiler off the pump is pretty quiet and seems to be better for the cleaning. Water flow into the system good, controller good, room stat good.3 Way water switch brand new, and you can here it changing water flow from Heating to Hot water. Powering boiler on/off made no difference.
There is a bleeder just above the 3 way water switch but only water comes out no air ? I have been round and bleed all the radiator's several times only water comes out,
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.

It seems that the boiler is full of air. You can try turning the temperature on the boiler down as low as you can turn the system on and turn the pump up to speed 3 then keep switching it on and off every 30 seconds or so to try and push through the air lock