Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

We have a Worcester Junior 24i. The heating is coming on but

Customer Question

Customer: We have a Worcester Junior 24i. The heating is coming on but the we have no hot water.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Pressure is set at 1.5 bar. Thermostat on auto. Radiators keep kicking in but when we run the hot water tap the Red light doesn't come on, however when the room temp drops below the temp that the thermostat is set the Red light comes on to fire the heating but not the hot water.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Plumbing Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Its ok. We'll call out an engineer as if it something that need replacing I cannot do that. Thanks anyway.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 11 months ago.

Hi Worcester junior 24i By the sound of it you are talking about the combi version. so this is probably going to be the diverter valve inside the boiler.