Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

I'm searching regarding our gravity fed shower
, we've

Customer Question

Customer: Hi I'm searching for info regarding our gravity fed shower
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: we've just moved to the property and have a Mira Vigour shower pump type thing in the shower cubicle. The hot and cold works well for around 10-15 minutes, and then suddenly stops the pump is still working and trying to suck water through, but no water is coming out I'm assuming some type of air lock might be responsible
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Plumbing Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure, let's give it a go
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 12 months ago.

Hi after 15 minutes the header tank has probably run dry

Expert:  Brian replied 12 months ago.

when this next happens have a check in the header tank to see if its empty. It may be that the ball valve is not flowing properly due to scale or your water pressure just cant keep up with the demand you are placing on it.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thanks. Would this also apply if it's happening to both the hot and cold feeds going into the Mira shower unit?
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 12 months ago.

Most showers should have a balanced supply, so it should be fed from the same tank for hot and cold

Expert:  Brian replied 12 months ago.

Yes its fed from the same tank. If its set up correctly the hot will run dry first then the cold