Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

I have a vokera compact HE that faults to a flashing red LED

Customer Question

Hi
I have a vokera compact HE that faults to a flashing red LED whenever the heating is off for any length of time. I have the thermostat set for the heating to go off throughout the day or at night as we are not at home but this trigger the pressure drop and then red light
Category: UK Plumbing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This only happens if allow the heating side to go off for a few hours , if I keep the heating on all the time or only allow it to go off for 10 mins every hour it works fine but once it has been off for say 7 hours the pressure drops ans the red led comes on. Usually off and on fixes it
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.

The pressure is dropping when the water cools what pressure do you set it too when it locks out?

It needs to be set at about 1.2 Cold or 1.6 to 8 hot. if its then losing pressure through the day you have a leak somewhere, or the pressure relief valve is letting water by.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have seen the leak reply before, not sure why it only leaks when it is not in use. Will check outside for a pressure leak
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.

its not necessarily leaking when its cold. When the water is hot it expands and increases the pressure, as it cools it retracts and you lose pressure. Thats why you set your pressure to 1.2 cold or higher when its hot.