Rick Ridley
Rick Ridley, UK Heating Engineer
Experience:  30 Years on the tools, now retired, Ex CORGI
15546140

As a plumber myself with over 45 years experience I have a

Customer Question

Hi Brian , as a plumber myself with over 45 years experience I have a small amount of savvy ? But as I have not got much experience with new condensing boilers I'm a bit stumped.
Your answer to my question is exactly what I had in mind,hence I renewed the pressure vessel ,checked pressure in vessel all ok. But still have the same problem !!
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me what the original problem was?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yep , original problem was the same,low pressure when cooling or cold high pressure when hot, boiler temp set at 60 .
And I have also renewed Prv .
I was wondering ,after I fitted new pressure vessel and charged, do you think there would be air trapped in pressure vessel ( on water side ) as there's no air vent ? Ta.

No, you are blowing up a balloon to expand against.

Perhaps the small tubing to the pressure vessel is blocked - i have seen that before.

Did you ensure the pressure in the pressure vessel was correct at about 1/2 bar?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will check the con to the tube,as I renewed the tube as well, Regarding pressure ,,,label on vessel says 1 bar,but manual says 1/2 bar. Think it might be a case of suck and see on that on.