Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

Im ***** *****. i have a F22 fault on my gloworm flexicon

Customer Question

Customer: hi im ***** *****. i have a F22 fault on my gloworm flexicon boiler and im not sure what to do?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yeah sure. i was in the shower the other day and the water went icy cold. came out and looked at the boiler and it was flashing F22. Ive checked the book and it says it is because of low water pressure or ignition temp rise too low i'ce tried opening the valves below for the pressure but nothing happens
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Plumbing Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.

Hi F22 means low water pressure you will need to check what the water pressure on the boiler is and top it up to avout 1.2 bar. Here is a short video to show you how to refill your flexicom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibZyXfssI74

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i appreciate this but when I go to turn the taps...nothing happens. Like completely nothing...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ps. I worked out what it meant by looking at the instruction booklet. When I turn the taps, as well as there being nothing (ie no water flowing or sound of anything) the F22 warning just keeps flashing...it doesnt show the pressure screen.
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.

The plastic grey handles on the valves often just spin you may need to take the grey handles off and use a pair of grips to make sure the valves are turning on.

If you still have no water coming through then one or both of the filling loop valves are blocked or damaged and will need to be taken off cleaned or replaced

Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.

The pressure should start showing when the water starts flowing and the fault code clears

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok ill have to check and come back to you tomorrow.
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.

No problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello brian.. i tried following your advice and unfortunately still nothing. The taps are definitely turning as i tried very slowly with the water pipe disconnected and water came out. I am afraid i am going to have to call out a plumber to look at it in person. Many thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unless you have any other ideas?
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.

No sorry if you have water going through the filling loop then it will need a closer hands on look