Rick Ridley
Rick Ridley, UK Heating Engineer
Experience:  30 Years on the tools, now retired, Ex CORGI
15546140

I have a bath rail connected to the hot water cylinder. How

Customer Question

Hi i have a bath rail connected to the hot water cylinder. How can I turn it on? Thera are no apparent valves on the rail. It worked fine on the winter setting last year, but after swithching to the summer setting I haven't been able to make them work
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.

It should come on when the hot water is being heated, doe the valves get warm at all? Have you tried venting the towel rail to see if it is full of air?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only valve i can see is on the water cylinder labelled as "hot water" this one is constantly hot but either it is opened or closed the bath rails do not heat. The bath rails themselves have no valve around them nor any exit anywhere like a normal radiator would do, so I wouldn't be able to vent them. Water entry and exit seems to be from where the rail is suspended to the wall but no valves.It might be helpful to mention this happens in the bath rails of both bathrooms, none heat.They stopped heating last year after pushing a button from "winter" to "summer" setting on the cylinder settings but when I did the reverse now they are not starting again.