Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Experience:  Domestic Gas, Commercial Gas, LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Part P Electrical, Commercial Catering
46681511

I have a boiler and when it rains I have water dripping from

Customer Question

I have a valiant boiler and when it rains I have water dripping from the boiler, coming in from the flue.
Is this fixable? As it's causing damp in the walls?
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.

The boiler should be sealed as the water should run down the boiler and away down the condense line.

Perhaps a service and cleaning of the condense trap would cure this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The flue has two parts, the inner condenser bit that drains correctly into the boiler. This is the outer bit of the flue that drains straight back into the boiler...its rainwater in there. My plumber doesn't know how to correct or even if there is a way to correct. I had thought of a rainwater/ weather grill.Already been inspected and no issue with the condenser bit if the flue.

ok, Worcester do a plume management kit so you can point it away from the prevailing wind, but the external air intake is still opena and flush to the wall.

The closest you can get to a cover is this;

http://www.plumbcenter.co.uk/en/heating/flues-chimneys/tower-flue-type-k3-circular-terminal-guard-65-x-11/