Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Experience:  Domestic Gas, Commercial Gas, LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Part P Electrical, Commercial Catering
46681511

I have a worcester bosch combi boiler.was working fine but

Customer Question

i have a worcester bosch combi boiler.was working fine but suddenly the pilot light wont fire up.pressure is 1.5 bar. dont want to call out engineer if its something simple.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.

Does it normally light itself?

Can you hear the fan running?

Can you hear it ticking as if trying to light?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it normally lights itself. Can here the fan running. Can feel the pump running. Can't here a ticking noise. It's a Worcester Bosch 230 model. It's due for a service in February. Can cope without it, but it's not ideal with winter coming. There is a white plastic Phillips type screw with a plastic hood that slides up for access. Wondered if this was the manual igniter, but I'm not touching it without expert advice. Cant afford any time off work at the moment to wait in all day for an engineer.

You will probably find a service will cure 90% of all ignition problems and a lot cheaper than calling someone out