Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  20 years of plumbing experience, including high end homes and service work.
64367226

Do you know why my aqualisa digital shower has both the

Customer Question

Do you know why my aqualisa digital shower has both the on/off light and boost light flashing on power up and also won't turn on?
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. Is there any error code displayed? What model Aqualisa shower is this and how old is it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no error code not anywhere and error code would be displayed. The status light in the control box is constant meaning all ok. The shower is an aqualisa Quartz digital shower. Not sure if age. Control box is black rather than the original grey colour indicating it is a newer model.
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

If you remove the cover, is there any water getting inside? During startup, does it turn on for a second then go into the fault or does it go into the fault right away?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not water getting in. Goes straight to fault.
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

I would say that since it is a newer model it very well may be under warranty. If you have cleaned the inlet screen and it surely has water pressure going to it then it very well may be a warranty issue. They will provide an engineer and parts in most cases. If it is out of warranty then we would want to test the solenoid with a multimeter to be sure that it is opening and closing the valve when it should.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It won't be under warranty because I've opened the cover though and done stuff which voids the warranty. Which part is the solenoid?
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

Are you able to tell from this manual? Click here If not I will see if I can find another reference.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

Check out page 20

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

Try some of the commissioning directions there and if pushing the piston on the solenoid does not get water through then either there is a blockage in the piping or the solenoid has failed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's not the shower. As I said it's a Quartz digital: http://www.aqualisa.co.uk/our-products/quartz-digital/This is the box which is on the loft:
http://www.aqualisa.co.uk/parts-store/digital-processors-and-accessories/complete-pumped-gravity-with-integral-pump-digital-processor-black/?product=10842
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

I will be opting out and open this to other experts. Sorry for the delay.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do I need to do anything or does it go out to the same field of experts?
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

It goes to the field of experts and there should be a response soon.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thanks for your interest anyway.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hope so. What a waste of time so far though! I wish you'd read the question properly in the first place!