Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Experience:  Domestic Gas, Commercial Gas, LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Part P Electrical, Commercial Catering
46681511

I have no water at all coming out my hot taps, the pressure

Customer Question

Hello
I have no water at all coming out my hot taps, the pressure dropped and now nothing.
I have a combi boiler, the heating is working fine and the boiler firing up.
Category: UK Plumbing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the model is a MAIN Combi 24 HE
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like when you topped up the boiler you have shut off the cold water to the boiler, you need to check the lver on the 15mm pipe under the boiler

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Andrew,
I hadn't touched the boiler when the pressure just suddenly dropped as i was doing the dishes...Did you get my picture through?I have been looking on forums and have tried to re-pressurise the boiler, but i can't hear any water flowing when i turn the black taps.Is there something else i can try?

No picture?

The pressure through the cold tap dropped also?

Have you checked with your neighbours to see if theirs has dropped also?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, the pressure through the cold tap is good and strong and the central heating is working too.
I have the same issue in all rooms in the house, cold water is fine, but no hot water at from hot taps. There is no water at all coming through any of the hot taps in the house.
The pressure reader on the boiler is at 0 bar and does not move.
I'll try and add the picture again
Thanks

ok, to repressurise the boiler;

See the silver flexible pipe attached at the left of the boiler, there is a black valve on the end of it.

Turn the valve on slowly and the pressure will increase - take it up to 1.5 bar and then turn off.

Lets see if that makes any difference?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing happens when i turn the lever.
I can't hear water/ air moving ...
I've tried open the black levers under the boiler the same time, but still can't hear any movement and the pressure needle doesn't move.
Betty

If you are not getting any water into the boiler even if you are doing this then you will have to change the filling loop as the non return valve sounds like it is stuck and will not pass water.

To be sure of this then remove the flexible hose and see if you can get water out of the valve directly

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Andrew,
I don't mean to be rude BUT a reply 4 days later isn't going to help me!!!
I have naturally called a plumber and rectified the issue by now.
Thanks
Betty