Rick Ridley
Rick Ridley, UK Heating Engineer
Experience:  30 Years on the tools, now retired, Ex CORGI
15546140

I have a glow worm flexicom cx 24. About a month ago my

Customer Question

Hi I have a glow worm flexicom cx 24.
About a month ago my boiler cut out and initially flashed f14. I pressed the reset button and it worked for a certain amount of time. Then it stopped and showed f9. I kept re setting and it would sometimes come on if I twisted the pressure taps.
Then it just kept cutting out as soon as I'd run the hot water.
I had a plumber out from the company who installed it. They thought it was a blockage causing the boiler to heat up and then cut out. But after checking all the pipes there is no blockage. The plumber then said when he wasn't even adjusting the pressure in the system the bar was increasing and decreasing on the boiler. So he thought it was a pressure sesor issue.
The company is now refusing to do anything else as they say it is a problem with the bo8ler and not the istallation.
What do you think the problem is.
Now when I turn the boiler on it is just flashing 0.0 bar even when I hit the reset. And then if I turn the taps under the boiler this doesn't change.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.

Is the plumber unable to repressurise the boiler?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry I don't really know what you mean.The last thing he said to me was that he had did a loop from the boiler to check there was no blockage. He said he wasn't adjusting the pressure or there was no pressure in the system and yet the boiler was showing there was. Does this make sense?

Only if there is a blockage in the tube to the pressure sensor, very unlikely.

How did he know there wasn't pressure in the system unless he tried to open something and let water out.

Do you know how to repressurise the boiler?

Would you like me to talk you through it?

Is there a silver flexible pipe attached but to the pipework under the boiler?