Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

How do you test the photo cell?

Customer Question

How do you test the photo cell?
Category: UK Plumbing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a eurocal minor 4 90/115 burner issue were it is cutting out after serveral minutes of operation. I cleared the external filter at boiler which was choked, I have not yet cleared the filter at the tank as I could not gain access. The client will clear and I will carry out this check also. I connected the pump and I was getting the correct oil pressure until it cuts out. Seems a little like its struggling for oil? But I am also leaning towards the photo cell? How would i check this?
Thanks
Ryan
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.

I would guess its the other filter but. a simple check on a photocell is to measure the resistance when covered and exposed to light if you get open circuit to a big resistance then you can say its working