Rick Ridley
Rick Ridley, UK Heating Engineer
Experience:  30 Years on the tools, now retired, Ex CORGI
15546140

I am trying to replace a shower hose but I can't get the old

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is Pete. I am trying to replace a shower hose but I can't get the old one off as it just won't unscrew. It is too tight. Any ideas?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Using wrenches still won't budge the old hose. The shower hose is quite tight to the edge of the bath so you can't get a proper grip around the hose (with your hand) to unscrew from the taps. It seems like the threads might be corroded.
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Home Improvement Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes i can wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.

Can you upload a picture so I can check if it is removable?