Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Experience:  Domestic Gas, Commercial Gas, LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Part P Electrical, Commercial Catering
46681511

I have a newly installed Worcester 24 Ri but with the

Customer Question

I have a newly installed Worcester 24 Ri but with the original control system which has a 2 port valve on the radiator but no valve on the hot water. I'm not getting enough heat to the radiators so I think I need a three port valve in place of the 2 port so that flow to the hot water can be switched off. Would any new wiring to the boiler be required if we had a three port valve? The pump is connected directly to the boiler so the pump overrun is working OK in the current configuration.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.

ok get the engineers back this is not to regulations all systems should be fully pumped. Has the boiler been commissioned and registered in order to validate the guarantee.

in answer to your question the boiler shouldnt need any more wires all the wires will go to the control centre where the 2 port connects to at present.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The boiler has been commissioned by the installer but I don't know if it's been registered. The system is fully pumped but there is no cylinder thermostat and no valve on the flow from the pump through the hot water cylinder. If we have a thermostat it will need to switch off the pump but the pump is controlled by the boiler. I want to avoid new wiring because we've just put down new carpets.
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry I will opt out for you. As I am unsure of how your installer has carried out the work.

I would get a Gas safe engineer in to give you advice and a price that way you wont be charged, and will know whats involved.

Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.

It should be an easy wiring change.

It is the difference between a Y plan and an S plan.

It is not right for an installer not to fit a room stat or a cylinder stat as the system is not Part L compliant as it stands.

You should get someone to check this ASAP.