Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Experience:  Domestic Gas, Commercial Gas, LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Part P Electrical, Commercial Catering
46681511

I have status code s30 on my vaillant ecotec plus 630. All

Customer Question

I have status code s30 on my vaillant ecotec plus 630. All the guidance I have seen suggests the lack of demand for heat is due to a faulty thermostat but the boiler only provides hot water. We have a second boiler for heating. How can I create a demand or rectify the problem? It runs fine in SFH mode.
Category: UK Plumbing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We had a power cut and the boiler did not come back on after it. I noticed the pressure was low at 0.4 so have topped it up but still no joy. The guide says clamp 3-4 is open but I don't know what that is or where I can find it.
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.

You are correct - code S30 is the boiler in standby mode.

Is this the boiler for the hot water that is not working?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is the hot water boiler. It works okay in SFH mode but won't fire otherwise. There is no thermostat fitted other than the integrated one on the boiler. It feeds a sealed hot water tank.

What fires the boiler then?

The cylinder thermostat and a 2 port valve?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't know what a two port valve is. There are radiate and water thermostats on the boiler but only the one for the water is in use. I have been getting by making a bit of hot water in SFH mode for 10 mins or so once or twice today. Is that okay?

The pipework that leaves the boiler and splits to upstairs and downsatirs, are there silver or white boxes attached with wires going to them?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. We couldn't wait any longer so I've called a plumber to come out this morning.

No problem