Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Experience:  Domestic Gas, Commercial Gas, LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Part P Electrical, Commercial Catering
46681511

I have a drayton Lifestyle LP241 controller and 2 motorised

Customer Question

Hi, I have a drayton Lifestyle LP241 controller and 2 motorised Drayton ZA5 valves; currently the timer is timed to be off and there are no red lights on the controller, however the pump is running and the bypass radiators are hot indicating that the hot water is on. advancing the heating actuates the heating valve and the lever on the valve moves, doing the same for the hot water and the valve leaver does not move. Do I have a faulty zone valve or is the controller to blame? If it is the valve, how can it override the controller? Thank You
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.

It will be a faulty zone valve, if the valve is not open then the microswitch will be stuck 'made'.

Try giving each one a tap with something slight heavy and see if it frees.

If not then if you go to the junction box and remove one of the orange wires at a time you will find out which valve is faulty.