Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Experience:  Domestic Gas, Commercial Gas, LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Part P Electrical, Commercial Catering
46681511

I have a ferroli optimaxhe38c combi boiler, the problem is

Customer Question

my name is Paul ******
I have a ferroli optimaxhe38c combi boiler, the problem is with the hot water system, the boiler was put in about 5 years ago and has produced the following so far:- pcb failed , not allowing voltage into unit, changed
hot water had become erratic up and down in temperature, have changed the plate heat exchanger, flow meter and hot water and heating return thermisters, the display shows digi water from the tap with hw tap on but the boiler does not seem to be firing to the correct level for demand, the central heating is working ok there is no detectable flow through the heating flow and return pipes when hot water is demanded, so I assume that the diverter valve is functioning ok can you advise please.
Thank you for your time
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.

Hot water temperature control is dictated by the hw thermostor and the PCB, water is heated through the main heat exchanger then the plate heat exchanger.

How long has the plate been in for?