Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

I recently moved house and now have a Mistral oil fired

Customer Question

I recently moved house and now have a Mistral oil fired boiler. I find that all of the upstairs radiators will get hot when the the boiler is programmed for hot water while the central heating element is not requested. Downstairs the radiators stay cold. Is this normal??
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.

Hi no this is not normal. I would suggest that the motorized valve is stuck open a little bit. You will probably find the valve in the airing cupboard and depending what type it is the head is usually removable just make sure the power is off. Then you can get a pair of pliers on the valve and turn it to and fro to try and free it up.