Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Experience:  Domestic Gas, Commercial Gas, LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Part P Electrical, Commercial Catering
46681511

I have a Logic Combi 243035 boiler and a BOSS Therm

Customer Question

Hi
I have a Logic Combi 243035 boiler and a BOSS Therm BPS242RF. This morning there was no hot water or heat. I informed landlady who sent her dad round while I was out. Apparently the pressure was low and when I got in I now have hot water but no heat. The lights have gone out on the unit next to the boiler which I think communicates with the thermostat. I've turned the thermostat to Run and Auto and pressed reset on the unit next to the boiler but nothing has worked.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.

if its a wireless thermostat and you have no lights its possible that the batteries have gone. But I would definitely call the landlord its there job to either show you how to work it or repair it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help but I don't think it's the batteries. The batteries are in the actual thermostat which displays the temp and settings etc, if it was the batteries in that according to the instructions it would display it but it isn't. The lights are not on the other part where it has a reset button and a button that says "Do not press this button." It has wires going up into the boiler and a wire coming out of the boiler is plugged into the mains switch, I don't know enough about it to know if there connected. I was trying to avoid the landlord but no worries, thanks again for your help. Take Care.
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.

ok sorry I will opt out for you

Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.

To find out if it is the boiler or the room stat, is the hot water still working and the pressure gauge still reading above 1 bar?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This problem has been resolved. Thank you.

Ok, thank you for letting me know.