Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Experience:  Domestic Gas, Commercial Gas, LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Part P Electrical, Commercial Catering
46681511

Rick, I'm trying to determine the issue on a vaillant ecotec

Customer Question

Hi Rick, I'm trying to determine the issue on a vaillant ecotec plus 831. Fault code f32. Either the board or the fan, I'm getting 22.2v at the motor terminals, no loose connections evident. My question is what constitutes a high/low ohms reading through the fan? If I had value x (normal resistance value) I can say that I'm high or low in relation to that, correct? I'm not hugely experienced yet and this is my first dalliance with this particular code. Should I be 24v at the fan or would the voltage vary because the fan speed is voltage driven?
I'd appreciate any advice!
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.

If it shows f32 you will need a new fan it's common, especially if it's the right hand hose you should really fit the upgraded copper replacements. However if you choose to just change the hose change the pair as the other usually fails shortly afterwards. You will need a Gas Safe engineer to change fan as you have got to break gas joints