Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Experience:  Domestic Gas, Commercial Gas, LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Part P Electrical, Commercial Catering
46681511

Have a Halstead Ace gh that was intermittent now seems to

Customer Question

Have a Halstead Ace High that was intermittent now seems to have died completely. Basically it was firing up if fan would start, replaced fan and still didn't start (plumber who turned up once and was going to change this, then they cleared off on holiday never to be heard of again). This didn't resolve the intermittent problem, only turning on and of and/or wiggling the wires would. So deduced it was the PCB, changed that but still no luck, have checked all the loom for connectivity and flow switches operate. Any suggestion as to next stage would be welcome.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like the air pressure switch, this tells the boiler that the fan is running

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Andrew I thought about this but the fan is not starting up for the APS to detect any differential in the venturi. manual mentions checking whether AS is closed or not - now do I tell if it is closed?

When closed there is continuity through it