Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

I have to re-install a radiator that was re-moved before my

Customer Question

I have to re-install a radiator that was re-moved before my new vallaint Ecotec pro24 was installed. The heating is switched off, but I need to stop the water while I reconnect the radiator. I can manage the re-pressuring.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.

Hi if you have radiator valves on the pipes then the radiator will hang on the wall and you can reconnect. otherwise you will need to drain down the system via a low drain off point quite often on the pipe work under a radiator somewhere or any low heating pipework.

Brian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I said - the pipes are not connected to anything - they have stop ends. All I want to do take of the stop ends and reconnect a radiator without flooding the place.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please forget it. I solved the problem myself without draining the system, I simply shut off flow and return at the boiler lifted the pipe up to stop drips and connected the radiator as usual. No leaks no mess and the rad is now working fine. Please end my free trial and take nothing from my account.