Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

Just moved in to a new property. We've not had hot water

Customer Question

Just moved in to a new property. We've not had hot water since sunday. The pilot light is not visible in the little window. We have tried the red button that does not click. However, we don't seem to have a boiler control knob. It is missing. How do we proceed?
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.

Hi what make and model of boiler is it please. do you have timers anywhere and are they on

If you have a hot water cylinder you may be able to use the immersion heater to give you some hot water while we try and solve your problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, it's a Potterton Profile don't know what model other than that. We still can't see a pilot light but I turned the timer to 'on' instead of 'auto' and there was no hot water. I turned it back to 'auto' and there was hot water. Is our timer thing in the blink? Ever since day we've moved in there's only been hot water randomly mostly in the morning and not in the evening. Thanks. Claire
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.

Hi Claire

Yes it sounds like your timer could be faulty. as far as I am aware the profile has electronic ignition so you wont see a pilot light

is it like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac9AQwFPedU