Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

I have a ariston wrc-nsf, with a thermowatt, my water is way

Customer Question

I have a ariston wrc-nsf, with a thermowatt , my water is way too hot, just moved in new house, i have opened the thermostat but have no idea how to turn it diwn, theres a red dial and its on full past two dots, there is a 1 dot begore that, how do i turn it down and how do i know what temp is it? Thks
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.

Is this an all electric cylinder or does it heat via a boiler aswell? The Electric thermostats are pre-set to 65 degrees C which is a good guideline to the temperature required to combat any legionella forming in the cylinder. You can as far as I am aware just turn the red dial down but unless you use a thermometer there is no way to judge temperature. If the cylinder is being heated via a boiler there will be another thermostat on the cylinder which you can adjust.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it appears it also can heat via a boiler but boiler is switched off. The model is STI 210. How do I heat this using the boiler and make sure the immersion electric switch is switched off
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.

There should be a timer on the wall somewhere this will have hot water and heating on it