Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

I have a Worcester Bosch Oil Boiler. Recently it stopped

Customer Question

I have a Worcester Bosch Oil Boiler. Recently it stopped coming on with the time clock. When I open up the front cover the red reset button is lit and I have to press this the boiler fires up and after 10 seconds it stops and the red light come on . i repeat this several times and eventually it will stay running. However, when the boiler is supposed to come on with the time clock it doesn't and i have to go through the same procedure again.
Please could you tell me what the problem might be?
Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/uk-plumbing/3km7t-worcester-bosch-oil-boiler-recently-stopped-coming.html#ixzz3jShu4Xzr
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is***** have been in the plumbing & heating trade for approximately 15 years. I will be helping you today.
This sounds like oil starvation is your tank on ground level. If it is, can you see a non return valve in the pipeline, if you can it is most probably this that's causing a problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had the boiler installed 6 years ago and has been working fine up to the last 6 weeks. The oil tank was replaced with a new plastic one. It is off the ground by about 2 foot