Rick Ridley
Rick Ridley, UK Heating Engineer
Experience:  30 Years on the tools, now retired, Ex CORGI
15546140

Mira Sport Shower. Power to the internal terminal strip. The

Customer Question

Hi Andrew:
Mira Sport Shower. Power to the internal terminal strip. The thermal cut-out seems OK but the unit seems quite dead - no lights and no functions.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** lets see if we can get you sorted in the shortest possible time.
Are you able to check continuity through the heater with the power off, it should be a complete circuit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done that... the heater coils (both) look good. It is the 10.3kw variant. The unit appears dead - no lights on the pcb lighting up. Just removing the plastic cover to see what is underneath. The printed circuit board does not show any signs off overheating.

But you have power to the element?

Does the N on the element go straight back to the block?

This one?

http://www.showerdoc.com/mira-sport-post-2011-shower-spares

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The neutral does go straight back to the block. the 2 power feeds to the heater elements (1 red wire, 1 brown) run back to the relays. There is a copper bar connecting the cut out to the relay board, but the relays do not switch on so there is no actual power going to the elements.

It sounds like this one then;

http://www.showerdoc.com/mira-sport-10-8kw-post-1998-shower-spares

The PCB pulls in the relays when you turn the power on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is the one (second one). Sorry it took me a couple on minutes - I needed to check. The relay does now switch on when the power is applied. I have checked the diodes on the board - all look ok. When the live arrives on the board (from the input) it goes straight through a series capacitor. Does that regularly fail?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry - type - it should read that the power does NOT switch on the power. this of course means there is a fault somewhere ...

Are you able to trace the power?

But even if you found the faulty component you will have to change the PCB to solve this.

The link I snet you is a very good site with decent prices