Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing and Heating expert with 25+ years experience, 21+yrs self employed as a contractor.
50715266

Is it safe to run a boiler bypassing the air pressure switch.

Customer Question

Hi. Is it safe to run a boiler bypassing the air pressure switch. It won't fire up unless I disconnect the pipe to the flu venturi.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Marc replied 1 year ago.
hello and thank you for your question.
The proper answer is no it is not safe. This is why the switch is in place, however, as a temporary solution, you can certainly run the boiler this way until a new switch arrives and is installed.
I have bypassed the pressure switch for many a customer to get them through the night or for a couple of days.
You will be fine for a short period of time.
Have a great day and be safe!
Please remember to click on the smiley faces to rate the service I have provided you today!
Expert:  Marc replied 1 year ago.
I am following up on your question to verify that you received my answer and that you are all set.
Is there anything further I can do to assist you today?
If you are completed, please remember to rate the service I have provided you.
Have a great day and good luck with your boiler.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Although i have since gathered that the fault is due to a blocked venturi
Expert:  Marc replied 1 year ago.
Understood. Please understand your question was specifically directed to whether your actions would be safe or not.
Did I answer your question accurately and promptly in regards ***** ***** specific question?