Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Experience:  Domestic Gas, Commercial Gas, LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Part P Electrical, Commercial Catering
46681511

I have a Worcester 40 CDi boiler and have an F 7 error

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Worcester 40 CDi boiler and have an F 7 error code. Is this something I can sort myself?
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.
This is pointing to an electrode or PCB fault, can you confirm the boiler is not leaking and the PCB is wet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Andrew, the boiler is dry and I have taken the electrodes out, cleaned them and re-fitted them. The boiler is now working. Thanks for the reply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For now anyway, going to get an engineer out on Monday.
No problem, sometimes an F7 faulkt can be sorted by cleaning the connection to the electrode at bothe ends (including the PCB)
Did you get this sorted?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes thank you. After cleaning the electrodes, the error code went away. When the engineer came on the Monday, he confirmed that they were clean and will have solved the error. I know I should have waited for an engineer but we have a baby and without hot water is a nightmare. All sorted now!
Ok great news.