Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Experience:  Domestic Gas, Commercial Gas, LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Part P Electrical, Commercial Catering
46681511

I've got an F28 error on my glowworm boiler (that uses calor

Customer Question

I've got an F28 error on my glowworm boiler (that uses calor gas cylinders). The system has been in holiday mode as I've been away. This always happens after it's been in holiday mode. How do I get it started again? (Yes there is gas in the cylinders 😊).
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like your pump is sticking, can you put your hand on it and see if you can feel it vibrating?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The boiler powers on if I reset it and goes to 0.5 bar, but after ten mins or so it dies again.
Do the pipes under the boiler get hot whaen the heating is on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hard to know as the boiler is in the loft and the heating hasn't been on for months. I never have any problems with it when it is in full use, it only ever happens when I've gone on holiday and set it via the handset to holiday mode.
It could be the gas governor sticking?You can check this by monitoring the gas pressure when you try and fire the boiler after is has been sat overnight.If the pressure drops to zero then the valve is sticking