Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

I'm having a loft conversion done and they've ran pipes from the bedroom bel

Customer Question

Hi, I'm having a loft conversion done and they've ran pipes from the bedroom below radiator to the loft radiator but it looks really unsightly as there are now 2 brass pipes running along the skirting board, up the corner of the wall, then along the ceiling in to the loft. Is this normal?
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is***** have been in the plumbing & heating trade for approximately 15 years. I will be helping you today.
This is dependent on you really.
They would need to take the pipework from under the floor of your bedroom up the wall either surface or chased into the bedroom wall and into your loft conversion. but this involves a great deal more mess when chasing pipes into the wall.
If your bedroom floor is on the ground and the flooring is concrete this also would involve chasing out the concrete floor and re screeding that area.
But they should really have asked your preferences.