Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  20 years of plumbing experience, including high end homes and service work.
64367226

There ,my boiler is displaying f76,how could i fix this

Customer Question

Hi there ,my boiler is displaying f76,how could i fix this problem please.Thanks.
Category: UK Plumbing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how could ifix f76 error on my vaillant 831 combi boiler please.
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. This error code is a bit of a broad indicator. Some codes are a little more specific than this one. The code could be caused by a faulty thermal fuse, sensor failure or PCB failure. The first thing I would suggest to do is to flush the boiler or have it flushed by a service if you are unfamiliar with flushing. This may cause a gunked up heat exchanger and sensor to be cleared and is a necessary service. If this does not solve the issue then voltage testing the thermal sensor and PCB will help diagnose the issue.