Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  20 years of plumbing experience, including high end homes and service work.
64367226

WHEN USING HOT WATER IT USUALLY STARTS OF HOT BUT THEN BECOMES

Customer Question

WHEN USING HOT WATER IT USUALLY STARTS OF HOT BUT THEN BECOMES COLD- IF I CONTINUE RUNNING WATER IT EVENTUALLY BECOMES HOT AGAIN FOR 5 MINS OR SO?
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Mike and I have 20+ years of experience as a plumber. I'll be glad to assist you today. When you turn on a cold tap, does there seem to be stronger flow than when you turn on a hot tap?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes.
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.
That is a very strong indication that there is a restriction in flow in the boiler caused by scale. The scale will restrict flow through the heat exchanger and when the flow is restricted it is not always strong enough to activate the flow sensor and enable the boiler to fire. If you have the boiler flushed that will certainly solve the issue. It is recommended to have this done yearly.....no worries no one ever does!
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.
I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?