Ask Chamberlain Maintenance Your Own Ques...
Chamberlain Maintenance
Chamberlain Maintenance, Plumber
Experience:  Qualified Plumber with over 17 years experience in Domestic & Commercial plumbing.
60394188

Rick, we have just bought and moved into repocrssed property

Customer Question

Hi Rick, we have just bought and moved into repocrssed property with the water turned off and the boilers a rsfoators drained down. I've turned the water on via valve outside. The cold water tank in the loft is empty and disconnected and isolated from the system. Do I refill the heating system by turning on thre water inlet on the boiler?
Thanks.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Chamberlain Maintenance replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is***** see if I can assist you. Depending on your boiler, if it is a combi boiler then yes you will need to open up the inlet to the boiler, this could be via the filling loop or key depending on boiler. You will need to bleed the radiators and top the boiler up again, you may need to do this several times depending on how big the system is.