Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

We have just had a Stockton high input stove installed,

Customer Question

Hi, we have just had a Stockton high input stove installed, link up system. The stove is leaking water from somewhere, there is a horrendous clicking, banging noise coming from the pipes/stove. The. Water is not flowing into the big blue tank, instead it is only going to the little black box overflow tank. Also not putting heat to radiators. Won't be risking lighting it again until someone can come & identify the problems. Can you offer any advice. Thank you
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is***** have been in the plumbing & heating trade for approximately 15 years. I will be helping you today. Its a circulation problem or air trapped in the system. The banging will be the unit overheating. this action often releases the air locks you may have and I understand that you do not wish to try it again.
Is it independent or do you have another heat source. I ask as you say its linked and i presume the blue tank is a buffer tank.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Brian thank you, ***** ***** have the gas boiler heating also. Yes it's a buffer tank. Although I bleed the radiators and no air comes out for a day the next day there seems to be lots of air coming out. I'm just not sure why it keeps getting air locks. I'm hoping that when the installers come back (next week sometime) that they get to the bottom of it. I just don't want it to be an ongoing problem. I do have an option if it's not resolved to have I can get all the work inspected. Lot of money was spent on the system. Thank you
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.
Its a very difficult situation to assess without looking at it. Are both systems gravity fed into the buffer or how does it work. If one is pumped it maybe introducing air through an open vent?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm not entirely sure....hopefully when the installers come back to fix the problems Ill get some answers this time as to why it happens every time the fire is lit, now that there are leaks coming from the pipes at the stove, it's worse. Thank you so much for your help Brian.
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.
Let me know what they have to say. When they come back
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Brian I will do that
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.
great thank you in the meantime i will opt out just in case someone has anything else to offer