Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Experience:  Domestic Gas, Commercial Gas, LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Part P Electrical, Commercial Catering
46681511

I have a glow worm flexicom 30 cx boiler, the pressure was

I have a glow worm flexicom 30 cx boiler, the pressure was dropping to 0.4 and would not operate. I tried the reset first...it worked a few times. then was flashing on 0.2. I tried the grey taps as shown in the instruction booklet, now it is on 2.6 bar. I tried to get it lower but it will not change now. Is this high pressure dangerous? I have tried calling British gas 24/7 helpline but it is closed until tomorrow! Please help

Will I have to wait much longer for an answer?  am not sure how this is going to happen?

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX lets see if we can get you sorted in the shortest possible time. You can release pressure by bleeding a radiator into a tub.
Take it back down to 1.5bar and all should be fine again.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have never drained a radiator! My partner is out of the country at the moment so no help there either! Is this pressure actually dangerous? Or would it be ok to use normally until I can get someone here tomorrow?

You should be fine with the pressure like that, the boiler has a safety valve that would drip outside if the pressure got too high.
To let the pressure out of the system I was talking about using a radiator bleed key and just letting the excess water out into a tub.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Andrew I would not even know where to find the key! I will get someone tomorrow, just needed to know that it was not dangerous and about to explode! It is making some noises that's why I was getting worried. The whole system was changed less than a year ago by British Gas and I am very concerned that their 24/7 helpline is not available on bank holiday weekends.

You will be fine.
It is strange that a 24/7 helpline is not open?!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes unbelievable! I will be having words with them tomorrow! Andrew thanks for your help. It is much appreciated..... I have hardly slept all night .....waiting for a bang! lol If I can find this key anywhere I might give it a go, but I least I know I wont be blowing the flat up!

No problem.
If you were going out places like Wickes and B&Qhave them on the shelf for a couple of £'s