Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Experience:  Domestic Gas, Commercial Gas, LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Part P Electrical, Commercial Catering
46681511

I have a glow worm flexicom 30 cx boiler, the pressure was

I have a glow worm flexicom 30 cx boiler, the pressure was dropping to 0.4 and would not operate. I tried the reset first...it worked a few times. then was flashing on 0.2. I tried the grey taps as shown in the instruction booklet, now it is on 2.6 bar. I tried to get it lower but it will not change now. Is this high pressure dangerous? I have tried calling British gas 24/7 helpline but it is closed until tomorrow! Please help

Will I have to wait much longer for an answer?  am not sure how this is going to happen?

Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX lets see if we can get you sorted in the shortest possible time. You can release pressure by bleeding a radiator into a tub.
Take it back down to 1.5bar and all should be fine again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have never drained a radiator! My partner is out of the country at the moment so no help there either! Is this pressure actually dangerous? Or would it be ok to use normally until I can get someone here tomorrow?

You should be fine with the pressure like that, the boiler has a safety valve that would drip outside if the pressure got too high.
To let the pressure out of the system I was talking about using a radiator bleed key and just letting the excess water out into a tub.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Andrew I would not even know where to find the key! I will get someone tomorrow, just needed to know that it was not dangerous and about to explode! It is making some noises that's why I was getting worried. The whole system was changed less than a year ago by British Gas and I am very concerned that their 24/7 helpline is not available on bank holiday weekends.

You will be fine.
It is strange that a 24/7 helpline is not open?!
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Experience: Domestic Gas, Commercial Gas, LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Part P Electrical, Commercial Catering
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes unbelievable! I will be having words with them tomorrow! Andrew thanks for your help. It is much appreciated..... I have hardly slept all night .....waiting for a bang! lol If I can find this key anywhere I might give it a go, but I least I know I wont be blowing the flat up!

No problem.
If you were going out places like Wickes and B&Qhave them on the shelf for a couple of £'s