Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Experience:  Domestic Gas, Commercial Gas, LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Part P Electrical, Commercial Catering
46681511

I have a glowworm flexicom boiler which is showing F 22 fault.

I have a glowworm flexicom boiler which is showing F 22 fault. How do I increase the pressure?

emianplumbing :

Hi, I have been in the Plumbing & Heating trade for approximately 15 years, lets see if I can help. If you look underneath and you will see two grey knobs, open them both to let more water in, do it slowly and when the pressure is on 1.5 bar turn them both off again and all should be well again.

JACUSTOMER-fi5lnei8- :

Hi, thanks for your reply to my query. Sadly I find that my boiler doesn't have two grey knobs or a pressure meter. So I can't try your solution. Have you any further ideas?

Hi - lets see if we can get you sorted in the shortest possible time. Do you have a silver flexible pipe under the boiler?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Andrew. The short answer is no. The only thing under the boiler is the condensation pipe.

It must be somewhere.
There will be a silver braided hose to connect the main cold water to the heating, and it will have to be in site of a pressure gauge also.
Is there anything like this in the airing cupboard?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Andrew. I can't see this anywhere. The boiler is located in the downstairs cloakroom and, as I understand it, the central heating boiler is separate from the hot water system. I think we will have to leave this until I can speak to somebody. You won't believe this but it is my 82nd birthday today and this is all too much for me. It's going to be a cold night!

One last try.
Sometimes when you have a cylinder the fill for the heating is on the coil
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Andrew,

Central heating is entirely separate from the hot water system. Don't worry about it, I'll speak to someone tomorrow. Thanks anyway.

No problem, good luck.
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Experience: Domestic Gas, Commercial Gas, LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Part P Electrical, Commercial Catering
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Andrew,

The problem was not F22 at all. It was as before, a frozen condensation pipe, fixed with kettle of boiling water. Highly technical.

Thanks anyway.

Anthea

Glad you are sorted!