Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

I have a baxi duo tec 33 GA bolier. The pressure dropped,

I have a baxi duo tec 33 GA bolier. The pressure dropped, I managed to get it up but it is now slightly too high, showing between 2.7 - 2.9 bar. Is there any way to release the pressure? Many thanks
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.

emianplumbing :

Hi my name isXXXXX have been in the Plumbing & Heating trade for approximately 15 years, lets see if i can help. The easiest way is to bleed all the radiators of air. if the pressure is still to high put a bowl under one of them and let the water from the radiator drop into the bowl use a cloth to stop it spurting over your wall. it wont be a lot of water to reduce the pressure.

Customer:

Hi Brian, thank you. I've just bled the radiators, initially there was instant heat & hot water, the pressure gauge dropped.... but not for long. Still flashing E: 2.7-2.9 (even though the manual gauge is now in the green zone), also there are flashing pictures of a spanner and a crossed out flame

Customer:

Maybe I haven't let enough water out of the radiators? I'll give it another go....

Customer:

Hmmm. After that, got the code 'R', pressed reset, now getting E 15 which according to the manua lmeans gas valve problem? Hoping this just means that the pilot light has gone out?

emianplumbing :

There wont be a pilot light on a new boiler they use spark ignition. I think you should be calling in the installers or activating your warranty

Customer:

Ok, thanks for your help anyway

Brian, Plumber
Experience: 16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.