Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Engineer
Experience:  Domestic Gas, Commercial Gas, LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Part P Electrical, Commercial Catering

I have an ideal standard dual flush toilet that is constantly

I have an ideal standard dual flush toilet that is constantly running water into the overflow pipe and then into the toilet bowl. The inlet pipe is plastic and the float appears to be a blue rubber ring around the top held by a plastic screw type assembly. There is then a clear plastic pipe running to the side and at the top.

Which part of the system do I need to adjust to amend the height of the float to try to prevent the water flowing into the overflow? Also where would I likely find the water cutoff valve? The toilet is 6yrs old

Any help gratefully received
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 4 years ago.
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX lets see if we can get you sorted in the shortest possible time. The water cut off valve should be on the pipe that leads to the underside of the ballvalve. The adjustment will be on the other end of the arm to the float, there should be a screw with a nut on it? If you wind the screw in (clockwise) it sticks out further and puts pressure on the pin at a lower water level to shut the water off. Try a complete turn first and see how you go.