Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

I have a Worcester-Bosch 240 Combi boiler

I have a Worcester-Bosch 240 Combi boiler (sealed system). The water pressure indicator falls slowly below the red indicator needle. I originally had trouble with the automatic air release valve leaking but solved this with a new release valve. No water is escaping from the pipe to the outdoors. Presumably there is a leak somewhere in the system. Unfortunately most of the pipework is under the floor. The floors are chipboard panels with tongue and groove joints. Is there any way of finding any leak without removing floorboards. Thanks.
Category: UK Plumbing
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 4 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm not quite sure what a moderator is! Yes I'm still waiting for a answer and thanks for your assistance. On second thoughts, thought this was a UK web site, and presumably any expert in America wont be knowledgeable about a Worcester 240 Combi Boiler so perhaps it will be better if you cancel my question.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other
My question was referred to by an American plumber (moderator) who could not answer it. Ifeel that only a British plumber would be able to answer it as it refers to my system and boiler (Worcester-Bosch) which I em sure they will not be conversant in the States.
Expert:  Brian replied 4 years ago.
Hi my name is Brian,
I have been in the Plumbing & Heating trade for approximately 15 years,
lets see if i can help, I am sorry to say that there is know easy way to find a leak. these guys from this link http://www.adileakdetection.co.uk/?gclid=COTjqce_z68CFQMNtAodEEHFIQ reckon they can do it but I have never used them or anyone like it. If I have a problem like this with a small leak that is un-economical to find I put leak sealer in for my customers it seems a satisfactory solution for us up to now.
Brian, Plumber
Experience: 16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.